Ajax,

Hmmmm, the Emotiva Ultra-Lite LMC-1 + LPA-1 Combo is very interesting...and wow, what a vantage on price. I like the idea of less frills, get what you pay for, quality offering in the Emotiva. My biggest concern in comparing it to others available would be the lack of DVI switching...I currently use DVI and HDMI from my HD DVR (Direct TV) & DVD Player to feed my DLP Projector. The other concern, although minor is having only 6 ch. Thus not being true 7.1 But then how much is needed for rear surround in 7.1 anyway...might be capable...I dunno. Thanks for the suggestion...I have added to my consideration list...and I didn't even know about the Emotiva prior to this thread.

Bruce,

Room dimensions were posted above...although I do plan to build a rear wall to enclose the theater. I do plan to upgrade to 7.1 and use this rear wall to hang rear surround. Right now the rear of my room does lead up steps to main floor of our home. The are carpeted, but I would like to see a truely dedicated room. As for the home theater wizard, yes, I have ran it to see recommendations, but both the Epic 60 and Epic 80 systems where my results.

Thanks,

Joe