You're welcome Joe.

If you really want to make your mouth water, check out the Emotiva "Big Dogs" DMC-1/MPS-1 Combo YUMMY! However, even at the sale price, for me, they are only a pipe dream.

I want to be sure you understand that the $998 package price for the ULs is available ONLY to current owners of Rocket/Onix speakers, or if the ULs are bundled with a speaker purchase. Buying just the ULs alone would cost $1198.

You do understand that the 6th amp channel can be used as a single 125 watt amp for 6.1, OR it can be split into two 60 watt amps for 7.1. It WILL provide discrete amplification for 2 rear surrounds. I'm assuming (and hoping) that 60 watts per channel for the rears will be enough. I suspect it will do the job just fine.

As for the lack of DVI/HDMI switching, that subject has been brought up so often that av123 struck a deal with Gefen, and ended up offering Gefen's 2x1 HDMI/DVI switch with a PREORDER of the UL package for $99 (retail $249). Since the ULs are still in preorder status, I suspect, but am not totally sure, that this deal is still in effect. If you're really interested, just give them a call and inquire. Like Axiom, they are very nice folks, are glad to answer any and all questions, and are extremely easy to deal with.

Good luck on your hunt. Be sure to let us know how things work out.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton