I'm not so sure you are wrong, Ken. Though it's a little confusing, based on what Gene had to say, it seems like we're BOTH correct.

"After several minutes of idle, I noted the EP500 back panel light remained illuminated green, indicating amplifier power was present. I questioned Axiom about this and they informed me there is no Auto On/Off feature on this sub, unless you utilize the 12V trigger connection. This was a concern to me at first until Axiom informed me the sub goes into auto mute mode when no signal is present, thus the power consumption is negligible since it’s a Class D amplifier design."

Hopefully someone will be able to clarify the difference between "Auto On/Off mode," and "auto mute mode." Regardless, if there is an "auto" mode of any sort, doesn't that imply the need of a signal to "wake" the sub from that mode? If so, then Ken is correct when he says too weak a signal may not "awaken" the sub. On the other hand, according to Gene, Wid and I are correct that there is no "auto on/off mode."

Well! I'm certaiinly glad we've cleared up THAT issue! DOH!!!!!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton