JohnK--

Thanks for the assistance! Yep, I searched the topic, and from of your earlier recommendations got the Planets and the Rimsky-Korsakov recordings. Already owned Beethoven's 9th. I will definitely check into some of the others you suggested.

The boys thoroughly enjoyed listening to these. OK, I'll confess I enjoyed them as well. But I did follow it up with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon as well!

We had a lot of fun closing our eyes, listening, and then discussing where the different sections of the orchestra were. My older son plays the trombone in band, and the younger one plays the bass in orchestra, so they had some context for all of this.

I really appreciated the input, so thanks again.

Bigwill2 & sonicfox -- thanks for the ideas as well. I couldn't find my copy of Paranoid (hmm, makes we wonder if somebody wandered off with it some time back -- as well as my early Genesis albums). I checked into that link for Qsound. Looked interesting, but the need to have the codec ruled it out. Kind of reminded me of the old "stereo demonstration" records my dad had in the early "hifi" days of the early '60s.

Take care,
Rich