Hey dakkon--

How do they compare? Well, to start with, in the Axiom family I own m2tis (son's bedroom), m3tis (wife's office), and m22tis (& VP150 and QS8s) for the home theater set-up. Obviously by the large number of Axiom speakers I own, I'm pretty damn happy with them!

The Dynaudios are for my stereo listening (where I also have a pair of Maggies). I've only done direct compares btw the Dyns and the Axiom m22tis. Without a sub, the most obvious difference is performance below 60Hz. The Dyns have better extension and presence. But it's really the Dynaudio tweeter that sings.

I don't quite have the words for it. I just love the way they sound. Lush? Engaging? It may not have the linearity of Axioms, and maybe I'm being "deceived" by some audio engineer's chicanery, but ignorance is bliss. Further, in this particular room, there is a larger soundstage and remarkable depth that I couldn't quite coax out of the Axioms. But the Axioms performed really, really well.

My fascination with Dynaudios began about 20 years ago when I had heard them but couldn't afford them. Perhaps it's like your first love, and you still find yourself attracted to similar looking people many years later?! I purchased this pair used after auditioning them.

Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Regards,
Rich