OK, snagged the final 2 channel amp for my office HT system, so I can now share what I think is a terrific bargain in an outboard amplifier.

The Onkyo M282. I picked a few up from ubid for $130 each. These are manufacturer refurbished. If you check out the Onkyo website, go to shop onkyo, and you will see a refurbished section. You can get an M282 for $209. If you have any other Onkyo products register them and you'll get 5 points for each. Signing up gets you 10 points. Each point is worth $1. I had 25 points so the M282 I just picked up today cost $200 with shipping and tax.

I'm currently using a pair of M282s with a Sony STRDB1070 serving as a processor/preamp. I use the onboard Sony internal amp for the center channel speaker, the outboard 2 channel Onkyos for front and side surrounds.

The new M282 will drive the center and a single back surround speaker. I have an Axiom made Merak MC6H horn center channel speaker and 4 M22 like speakers, helped by a 15" Dahlquist sub. Sounds ridiculously good. Can't wait to hear how the new amp and back surround will add to the system's goodness. (Hopefully.)

I'll report back.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.