In reply to:

4. Now a day, when listening to simply music, do you use only two speakers or all 5.1 speakers?? I am totally new to ht theater and what it can do.

There are two, very dedicated, camps when it comes to this issue. There are many who prefer to listen to music in two channel only, considering it the "purest" way to listen, hearing the music the way it was intended to be heard by those who recorded it. This particular camp is further divided into those with larger speakers with good bass response who prefer to listen to two channels without a subwoofer, and those with either bookshelves or floorstanders who feel the sub really adds something worthwhile.

The second camp is those who find listening to everything in multichannel to be a more enjoyable experience. Like JohnK, I'm firmly ensconced in this group (OH GAD! Again, I find myself agreeing with a graduate from "that school up North," and a lawyer to boot. Have I no shame? ).

My advice to you is, experiment with all options to see which you prefer. There is no "right" or "wrong" when it comes to this issue. Just do what floats your boat.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton