And the spooky thing is, Rick, that time keeps speeding up.

[philosophical rant] I can remember, when I was very young (5 or 6) that time was so expansive that I thought the nine months I was in school was the same length of time as the 3 months I was on vacation. The beginning and end of each period were too far apart for me to see both ends at the same time, and thus have an accurate sense of their duration. Back then, a half hour was an eternity.

Now, there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day a to do everything I want. I can sit down at this dumb computer and two hours will disappear in the blink of an eye. A half hour? Gone in a nanosecond.

I suspect that our perception of time is related to the amount of time we've been alive. To a 5 year old, a year is one fifth of his life. A fifth of my life is 12 years. Using that 12:1 ratio, at my current age, a half hour is equivalent to 2 and a half minutes when I was 5. Likewise, when I was 5, a half hour was equivalent to 6 hours today. No wonder that last half hour of school seemed like an eternity. It WAS! [/philosophical rant]

Apologies to Blackorp for the hijack.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton