I'm positive that he was hired to ensure that all the binding posts will fit a 9.6mm spade.

For those of you who haven't read the article, here it is:

We're pleased to welcome Tom Cumberland, a graduate Electronics Engineer, to the Axiom team to develop and design new electronic components for Axiom.

Tom brings more than 23 years of engineering expertise and experience in strategic product development to Axiom. Born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tom earned his Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Colorado. Some of the familiar brand names Tom has been associated with include the Harman Consumer Group (Director of Strategic Product Development), Alpine Electronics (amplifier design), and McIntosh, where Tom was Director of Worldwide Product Planning.

Tom advised a Danish company on the development of the world's first multi-room audio system and, early in his career, was part of a design team that developed a classified device for the US Military. He has been responsible for or assisted in the design and engineering of amplifiers, CD players, remote-control systems, laserdisc players, and a video projector.

Tom is member of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE), the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and the Audio Engineering Society (AES). He currently resides in Miami, Florida, with his wife, Catherine.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.