My buddy has a pair of M60's and I have M80's. I listened to his speakers for the first time on Saturday, my fisrt time hearing M60's. My first impression was that there is very little difference between the two models. After listening for half an hour or so, the only thing that sounded a little different was the low end. His bass actually sounded a little boomier to me, than my M80's. This could have been the room. I wonder if the M60's crossover is a little different, to compensate for one less driver. Maybe this makes it sound boomier??

Until I listen to them side by side, in the same room, there is no way to compare.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks or so, we can get our speakers together and do a long awaited shootout.

I keep trying to convince him that the Axiom community is dying to know the results of our head to head comparision. If we can make it happen, I'll let you know what we find out. We live about 30 miles apart, so we can make it happen it's just a matter if time.

I want him to bring his speakers to my place because I have the full set up, subwoofer, surrounds. He just has the two channel setup.

So maybe if you guys cry out for this shootout to happen, it will help convince him (his name is Bob). He doesn't read this board, but I'll, make sure he see's it.