My [censored] two year old HK 7200 was found dead this morning. Last night the stinking remote sensor in the front panel stopped working, but luckily I have the remote senor for a second zone and got it to limp along. Then this morning, nothing - Nada…..zip, lifeless. Wont’ power on or anything.

No longer under warrantee, and even if it was, I’d have to Fed-X the bastard to the factory (no service centers in Alaska) at about $100. Plus return shipping and the [censored] wait to/from the factory.

Don’t really know why I’m posting this………..just venting I reckon. [Censored] I’m pissed. Spend that kind of money on an AVR just to have it go tits up within two years. And oh no, I couldn’t buy the second best, or the third, I had to buy the most expensive POS HK had at that time.

So now I’m going to buy another [censored] AVR for the HT tomorrow and have the prick Fed-Xed to me in time for superbowl Sunday.

Don’t think I’ll buy another HK, so what else should I be looking at that’s comparable to the POS that’s lying dead on my shelf? Preferably, one that’s living and will continue to live a ripe old age. How about all these new AVR’s with video upscalling? Worth it? I don’t want to spend over $1500. Hell, I didn’t want to spend anything. I have a HT room to finish and this most definitely wasn’t in the budget. And I need something that’ll drive M80’s and a pair of M22’s running parallel as a center.

I’m going to start the autopsy……….ain’t got nothing to loose. What a way to start my sunday. On top of a raging hangover too.........just had to open that second bottle..... uggg.