Hi all,

My progress came to a halt before I started mounting the speakers. I was getting a lot of useful information from past posts regrading speaker mounting, and I went with some suggestions to go for Omnimount. The engineer in me wanted more safety factor and ordered 5 20.0s, only to find out when I received them that they are 3/8-16, much bigger than the pre-drilled holes at the back on my QS8s, VP100 and M22s.

So given the problem I evaluated options:

1) I saw some posts about drilling to the back of speakers but I could not find any followup on the results. Needless to say I am reluctant to go that route as that might void the speaker warranties.

2) The other option offered by Axion Support is to exchange the 20.0s with 10.0s, where the latter is 1/4-20. I have read successes from folks that used 10.0 for QS8, how about for M22 and VP100 ? VP100 is more that 14 lbs... not sure if 10.0 can handle that weight.

3) The last option is to return all 20.0, and get 2 10.0 (ceiling) for the QS8, and buy 3 Axiom FMBs for VP100 and 2 M22s.

I would appreciate any feedback, as I have scratched my head till late night for the last few days... My ears are itching for the speakers...

Thanks in advance,
Ken