I just want to add two points. You mentioned music only.
I bought a pair of 60's for music only. I had them set up in a similar sized room as yours. The speakers sounded absolutely great. Plenty of bass unless you are an absolute bass nut. I was worried because I have a very nice set up in my car; with a high end sub woofer and I thought I might miss the extra thump. I don't really miss it as much as I thought. Actually, I'm not sure I miss it all. The verdict is still out. I might add one later but I do not feel any urgency to do so.

The next point I would want to make is again related to your comment of music only. If that is your goal it is important to go for the best sub you can get. A lot of subs will just thump and add sloppy, slow inaccurate lf's. You have to spend some dollars for tight, accurate, musical bass.

So if it were me, I personally would go for the 60's (I prefer the accuracy) and then if you need more bass add a goood sql sub later. If I was going for HT I would certainly consider some of the options posted above. Keep in mind I have a pair of M3's in my office and I love the sound in there as well. I went with the 3's in there because I had no desire to add a sub in the computer room and I felt that the 50's were out because I wanted to use bookshelf design.
I have been very happy with the results. In both systems
All this, of course, is just IMHO
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon