In reply to:

"which is top priority? which do you want me to work on first?" and get the classic..."They all need to be done right now."

My standard reply to that is along the lines of "OK, they'll be done when they're done."

Don't even get me started about the promises the S&M boys make. Unbelievable. They spout off their "MarketingSpeak" crap without understanding the tech behind what they are selling. They then can not for the FREAKING LIFE OF THEM resist saying "uh, yeah, we could add that in. By tomorrow." Ever wonder why "vaporware" is so prevalent in the industry? That's why. We have a project RIGHT NOW that is supposedly 3 weeks behind schedule because a sales rep, WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF CONSULTING OUR ENGINEERING DEPT., sold a non-existent application to a customer. Not just a module for a current app or and update but a BRAND NEW APP. On top of that he allows the customer to add req's to the project constantly. My solution: Either make all S/M personnell go on salary only or they have to give up 50% of their commissions to the folks that ACTUALLY DO THE WORK!

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti