I love reading these debates. It's what makes these boards interesting. And life in general I might add. Diversity, diversity, diversity. Without which, life would be rather dull. So keep it up gents. Keep it up!

By the way. My opinion is not set but I tend to lean towards scientific reasoning. . . .having said that

Installing an external amplifier in an automobile has in my applications made a dramatic change in the sound (for the better). Perhaps this is because the deck units have flawed amplifiers. . .but who knows. I just know that I would always smile hugely once I fired up the external amp and gave it a listen. (numerous vehicles)

No these weren't double blind tests. . . not even close. But I think that we don't give our ears and brains enough credit. Yes we are incredibly biased to how much we spend on something and how much we like it and how much effort we put into researching something and how much we like it etc etc. But sometimes it is the opposite. We spend a fortune on something and expect a world from it and we are not impressed in the least. Sometimes we find things like T-amps and are impressed with the quality per dollar ratio.

I think we have incredible ears and incredible brains interpreting what our ears are picking up. We probably are able to tell the difference in sounds between different components. We are probably able to do more than what science can measure. After all science can't measure what you "actually hear".

Or maybe we just need our eyes to be able to hear really well

I don't know, but I sure like hearing you guys discuss it. Discuss being a nice way of saying argue.