No bumper stickers or dealer ID on my auto either. But I do enjoy my plaques. The difference, to me, is that messages and advertising on my car affect others. I have no wish to inflect my views and standards on others. On the other hand, my home is MINE, and I decorate (if one can apply that word to my decor ) my home to satisfy ME, and nobody else. I don't even consider what others may think, and I don't expect others to like, or agree with, my choices. I do hope those about whom I care will, at the least, feel comfortable in my home. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Secondly, while I place no advertising or slogans on my car, in several obvious places, one CAN see the word TOYOTA. But, in my home you won't find a Toyota plaque, or a Samsung plaque, or a GE plaque. However, if you look at my TV, right there, in big, easily read letters, is the word Samsung. I'd wager if you look around your home, you'll find plenty of advertising in plain sight. Look at your microwave, your toaster, your refrigerator, your coffee maker, your DVD player, your receiver, etc.. I know that we don't CHOOSE to put that kind of advertising in our home, but my point is we have it in our homes without a second thought, and perhaps, in some cases, even with a little pride.

Lastly, speaking of pride, I would have no qualms about putting an Axiom plaque in my home because Axiom is a company whose business model, products, and customer service are so exemplary they are worthy of my support. I also happen to think a great deal of the people behind those products and services. They have EARNED my respect and my loyalty, which is more than I can say for Samsung, or Denon.

All this being said, I heartily support anyone's right to feel differently than I, and to do the exact same thing I do, to wit, decorate their home they way THEY want. If that excludes an Axiom plaque, I have no quarrel with that.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton