Hi all! I've been lurking for a while now and first off have to thank you in advance for all the useful advice that has been given. Now, I would like to request a little more, if you are willing. My dilemma -- choosing between the M22's or M60's. My situation -- I currently live in an apt. that is ~30 years old (doesn't have much sound-proofing), and I don't want to be evicted or annoy my neighbors. I say this because some might say the obvious solution is the M22's plus a good sub for my setup, but the sub might be too much in an apt (any opinions here?).
My listening room is about 14x14 with one open side into another 14x14 room. Plush carpeting on the floor. I will be getting a new Yamaha RX-V640 (or 740, if I can swing the extra $) to go along with the Denon DVD-1600 I have (used for both CD and DVD). I will use it for 60/40 stereo/HT and I don't usually listen at high levels (due to the apt. situation and generally being a "low level" kinda guy). I currently have a Klipsch KSC-1 center channel and a semi-useful pair of monitors as surrounds, but will be upgrading to all Axiom (VP100 center and QS4 surrounds) in the next six months.
For straight music I think I would prefer not to have a sub, but that might change once I get one I most likely will be moving into a house in 3-4 years, and as the speakers I buy now should hopefully last 20+ years, I want to do it right the first time.
I think the best bet is to go with the M60's now and just get a sub when I move into a house. I think I will be satisfied with the bass from the M60's (for the moment) and won't annoy too many of my neighbors and can look forward to the sub upgrade in a few years, once in a house.
So, any opinions/suggestions on my thinking? Thanks much in advance, Scott