I wish I would have waited for the MacBook Pro. A few months ago my boss asked me if I wanted a laptop. When I said yes he said "well go ahead and order what you want then, since you do all that anyway." So I ordered a 17" Powerbook G4 1.67GHz loaded up with 1GB RAM (upgraded it to 2GB later), 120GB HDD, SuperDrive, Bluetooth mouse & Keyboard, the works. Got Office 2004 through our MS Gold Partner membership. Love OS X.

Love the laptop. But from what I've seen the new MB Pro is much more responsive, the OS and apps either x86 native or Universal Binaries. Rosetta apps are a dog as far as I can tell so far from online reviews.

My boss was amused when he saw the boxes on our receiving dock. Everyone in the company kept coming around while I was unpacking the system. I must say the WOW factor is much greater than just another Dell machine in brown cardboard. The other admin got one too a month later, after the Boss and I messed with him a little: Boss "You're just the junior admin, I think a standard Dell laptop will do." Me: "Yup, gotta make your bones before you get the good stuff." We've had a heck of a lot of fun playing with them. I think we've both blown them up and rebuilt them a dozen times. Hard to make a Mac completely unstable but you can do it if you really want to.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti