Greetings.

I'm looking for some input on my home theater front speakers. I'm 95% certain that I'm going with a 7.0 system from Axiom but I'm hung up on the front speakers.

The room is 20 feet wide, 25 feet deep, with a ceiling that starts at 7 feet behind the TV and rises all the way to 27 feet (yes twenty seven feet) before coming back down. The room opens into a hallway, kitchen and front room - a really grand room. The television is a 61" JVC HDTV, the amplifier is a Yamaha RX-V2600, the subwoofer (the missing 0.1) is an SVS PB12-Ultra and I may add a second later.

In use the system is about 60% television, 30% movies, and 10% music but I'm hoping to do more music listening. I like progressive and classic rock. The listening spot is 8-12 feet from the screen depending if I'm watching standard or high definition television.

For the surrounds I like the QS8's - do I need four of these or can I get by with 3 of them in a 6.1 system?

The VP150 center makes sense.

Where I'm truly stuck is the fronts. They'll be replacing some very well loved but very old Infinity RS III's which have been around the world with me and have earned their retirement. The M80ti's and the M22ti's both get great reviews and the only slant that pushes me toward the $900 more expensive 80's is the extra volume that they'll handle.

So M22 owners do they play loud?

If anyone owns both a comparison would be priceless.

Price isn't really a concern as these guys are going to be around a long time.