I’ve got both the M80’s and M22’s, QS8’s, and M3’s.

My current set up for the TV is using M22’s for the mains. My two channel system is where the M80’s are.

While the 22’s are great little speakers, they simply are not in the same ball park as the M80’s. Sorry M22 groupies, they don’t compare…..not even close. They’ll play plenty loud, sound great and are surprisingly big in sound for a bookshelf, but man are they lacking in ‘presence’ vrs the 80’s. I was going to hold off on buying another set of towers for the TV area (as it’s very small, 9’ X 11’) until I get the HT room finished, but have decided to get towers and sacrifice seating area for having them in this ‘little’ area because they are just so much better. – I know others will claim that with a good sub you don’t need towers, but I disagree. – I’ve got an EP 600 and the M22’s are still not enough for me.

Personally, even in a small room application, I wouldn’t go with anything but a full size floor standing loudspeaker. Bookshelf speakers have a purpose where towers are physically too large, or in an office……..but if you have the room, don’t screw around with them and just get a set of towers.

The M60’s would probable do just dandy, but I’ve not heard them so I can’t give them the big thumbs up that I can with the M80’s.