We had a huge snow storm in Minnesota on Monday, 20 inches. At one point the power went out in the early AM over 20 times. Today is the first day that I have run any of my home theater equipment since the outage. At this point my Yamaha RX-1500 Amp will only power up for about 2 seconds and powers off. I have removed everything hooked up to it and this does nothing. If unplug it for about 8 hours it seems to reset itself, maybe some sort of saftey circuit was triggered. Once I start plugging the Axiom speakers back into the amp it power down again. I assume all the speakers are fine and something has happend to the AMP. Any ideas for me to try? I purchased this new from AA Deals http://www.aadeals.com/ about 1.5 years ago for only 569.00 which was several hundred under retail so I assume this was not an authorized Yamaha dealer. I have heard that they are difficult to get repaired if you purchase from a non authorized dealer. Is it possible the amp just needs some sort of reset that I can do? Maybe a fuse replacement, I did not see any on the back. Tomorrow I will call around to see if I can find a place to repair it. Just a side not the media center PC blew out a power supply as well. What is strange everything was hooked up to a $150 surge stip, maybe it was junk. Any ideas are appreciated.