Why not keep it, it won't hurt anything. Besides, you can still use it with CD's if you want to extend the life of the new burner. In my pc I have a regular DVD player/CD burner and a newer Dual Layer DVD writer. When watching DVD's I use the older one so I don't wear out the life of the new one. Or if your making copies of CD's or DVD's, you can use one as the source and the other as the destination.

Michael, what I have found is that even though there is lots of software available that costs money, like at Best Buy. By itself, it won't break the copy protection, there is always a disclaimer that you have to use one of the free online programs like DVD43 or whatever, to break the code, but they don't recommend it.

Lots of people use DVD Shrink still, but development on that freeware product stopped a few years ago. DVD Decryptor was the best it is day for ripping, and still works fine, again development has stopped on that product as well.

I use a product I bought at Best Buy called "ICopyDVDs2" for archiving my DVD's, however, I still need to use DVD43 to break the code first before I make the copy. It even has Dual Layer burner support which is nice if you own a Dual Layer burner.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85