I've wanted to get a new TV for years but haven't had the cash to do it till now. That said I don't have a lot of it either

Basically I have the opportunity to pickup a used (~3 years) Samsung 50inch DLP (Generation 1) for $825.

Now I am really leaning towards doing this. The main downside's I've thought of is I wanted bigger, in my room I think anything below 55inchs might look a tad small. Then there is the bulb, never been changed but if/when it goes out thats just a lil more than $200 from my understanding. I guess my plan is to use this set for ~3 years and get a new one once/if SED's have taken off and gotten more affordable.

Some of my friends don't believe I could find much out there (new) with a better picture quality at 50inchs or more for under a grand.

Being those DLP's are 720p apeals to be because my primary signal source for the TV will be my HTPC (MCE 2005) and using a windows desktop on an interlaced TV just isn't pretty (flicker). Granted thats only for if I want to do things like browse the web, its a non issue in the HTPC interface so its just a minor pro.

I guess I'm just looking for any major reasons to not do this, anything I haven't considered or thought of.