The Sony started to have a small blue triangle in the lower left corner of the screen about 3 weeks ago, and as the pic shows, has continued to get larger. Two weeks ago I was told by the local Sony repairman that the optical driver unit was the casue, the cost of the part is only $2,085 and the labor is $400. This infomation only cost the $130 inspection fee for his 20 minutes of time.

I have talked with Sony reps and CS supervisors about this and I'm told this is a rare occurance on a 14 month old set and as much as they would like to reslove the issue, they can not and will not do any repairs with out payment. The extened warrany that was available when the Sony was purchased was only for an additional year and the cost at the time was not reasonable at all. So of course the first time I do not purchase the additional coverage on an pricey toy.......it was a bad decision. With this amount of a repair cost the decision was made to just replace the Sony with a new unit.

The new toy will be a Mitsubishi WD62627 a 62" 1080p HD DLP and is scheduled to be delivered on April 12th. The 4 year extended warranty also includes bulb coverage so now I'll have a unit that will have a record bulb life. If any forum memebrs have a Mits unit would appreciate any comments they may have.

WD62627 LINK