In reply to:

Bren, did you audition the M2s or just went straight for the M3s?

I've heard the whole line of bookshelves now. And exactly as you think they'll sound... they sound... the M3s with the bigger woofer extend a bit deeper and stand alone without a sub fairly well (in fact if not for the S.O. I'd probably be happy enough without a sub)... the M22s (even as an M3 owner) are clearer (more detailed as the audio fan vocab nazis would say) but I'd say a bit thinner... one of those cusp things... the M22s are more accurate, absolutely... but the M3s sound fuller to me. Having said that, I've had the M3s since we moved in, and I listened to the M22s for a grand total of 2 movies I think. While I technically haven't heard M2s, the M22s with the bottom driver taken out of circuit's a close approximation. Not perfect, since the enclosure's the wrong size, then... and I really wasn't too impressed... don't get me wrong, they're better than Paradigm Mini Monitors to my ears, and I'd use a pair for a living area stereo or my office or something, but I much prefer the M3s.

And I just took a flyer, guessed at what I'd be happy with, and think I nailed it... eventually I will probably move to M60s just because in hindsight, I don't really like the look of bookshelves on stands, not due to performance issues.

And seriously, the door's open anytime you want.

Bren R.