Arrrgggg!!! Not more than 1 month ago I picked up some M60s, and now they offer real wood veners?

Its okay really. Me being such a poor guy, around $1000 was my budget for a pair of floor standers, so the wood finish would have put me out of my bracket anyway, but they sure look NICE!!!!

As to the question above concerning performance, I don't think they would impact performance at all. If I am not mistaken, the speakers are still consdtucted of MDF, the wood finishes are only veneers.

Also, I just wanted to add that you guys are NUTS around here. No I mean that, really!

When deciding on a pair of speakers, I would have liked to have the M80s, but due to budget and the fact I wanted an easier to drive speaker for my SonyES receiver, I stuck with the 60s. I hear the 80s play "lower" and "louder", but otherwise sound pretty close to each other. Its the "louder" part that makes me think you guys are nuts. The 60s coupled with my over-generously rated 100wpc AVR plays LLLOOUUUDDDD! And it stays CLEAN sounding, even at rediculously high levels. Rarely do I even play loud, as I am afarid I will land in jail violating some noise ordiance or something, and I am in my own home. So I believe you guys with the 80s and separate amps are NUTS!!!

One things I did notice with my 60s; The louder they get, the *BETTER* they sound!

-Alan