My thoughts on speaker wire, for example are quite basic.

I had to get new wire when we got the kids; the Wife was afraid they'd cut themselves on the barbs the same way the cows did.

If it wasen't such a hassle I'd replace my surround wires in back. Some folks think 22guage is too small, but the speakers don't seem to mind.

Electrons are dumb; if they don't seem to care, why should I? Ok, maybe they are forced to slow down and bump into each other a bit on the bass notes.....

Did you catch my price/performance equations on cans earlier in this thread? I think it's actually pretty accurate!! The prices, of course are spot on. And the diminishing returns are probably fairly accurate as well.

One mod I think is actually a good idea on headphones: A plug on the can end so when you eventually do snag the wires they unplug easily.

I think wooden housings are fun, just like wood on our speakers. But only if the material is designed in.

And yeah, the cable and speaker forum is one of those "No flaming" forums that does have a fun entertainment value! People can talk as dumb as they want with no reprisals!

I do have to defend some of them though: Those who may be on the fence and don't know quite what to believe. If they spring for a snakeoil cable, it'll only be a couple feet worth. If the same thing happens in HT!!

Another thing that's interesting over there that we don't get here is the wide variety of can assesments. Absolutely nobody agrees with anyone else! You have to plot a minimum of twenty comparisons of one can to another just to get an IDEA of what the underlining truth may be!! You get to feeling like an Olympic Judge: Throw out the highest and the lowest and average the rest or plot a bell curve. Of course with so many foreign individuals using the forum for practicing their English.....

.....yeah, I'm still workin' on mine too!