Yes Bruce, your correct on your measurments. Another thing I did is that I tried to plan my projector location back at a distance where the Zoom setting on the lens was near the minimum ammount. Normally, your going to get better results if your not zoomed to the max to achieve that size screen.

Yes Bruce, 14.8 is correct. Based on your screen size, you could place the projector anywhere from about 7.4ft upto 14.6ft or so Throw distance. So you would be placing the projector at the very MAXIMUM throw and you would have to leave the ZOOM at a minimum to fill the screen. Sometimes it is better to place the projector at a location so you have a little more flexibility and can adjust the zoom if needed.

Also, keep in mind, there are two types of anamorphic lenses out there, horizontal stretch or vertical squeeze. The horizontal stretch is nice if you want a bigger result from a shorter throw distance. It takes the image that you have previously stretched vertically to fill the black bars, and stretches it out horizontally to fill the 2.35 screen. The vertical designs actually squeeze the stretched image down to created the 2.35 image. Vertical lenses are normally used by people that have a very very long throw projector, say 18ft or so, and have a very large 16:9 image to start. If you have a short throw projector, I'm not sure a vertical lens would be the answer, as your end result would be a very small 2.35 screen.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that the longer throw you can get the better for either design. The closer you are to the screen, the more issues like "pincushion" will result. Pincussion looks like the top/bottom of the screen will have a slight bowing effect. Usually, this can be easily masked, and only occurs during 2.35 movies.

--________--

_--------------_

I tell you though, My Z2 is a little over 13ft back from my screen. My Prismasonic H600M lens is mounted as close to my Z2's lens as possible, still allowing me to get to the adjustments. The Z4 is a better design. Anyway, my screen is 51" x 120" wide and it works great.

I think Panamorph also just came out with a Horizontal stretch lens to compete with Prismasonic. I waited until there was a Power Buy on AVS before I got my Prismasonic 600.

I guess what a person needs to do, is sit down and figure out both scenarios, just going with a 16:9 screen, or a 2.35 screen. Keep in mind the 2.35 screen won't be as tall. You might find it better to build a large 16:9 screen, and still get a nice sized 2.35 image with black bars.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85