In reply to:

That sounds fine. Since my wife will be there and our six month old will need to be getting back. I am tempted to pick a date to pre-deliver the Monitor Audio speakers in order to save on setup time.

That's fine.
See PM.

In reply to:

If he brought the HSU, I may have to consider bringing the Mirage BPS-S210 (between the EP350 and EP500 with twin 10" drivers and a 250W amp {500W peak} and 18Hz to 100Hz freq response) but at 100 lbs it is a bit of a beast to carry around (also paranoid at damaging the piano gloss finish - replacement panels are about the cost of buying an EP125).

Yes, the problem with SW auditions is that many are heavy.
We did a comparison of the SVS PC16-46 awhile back. Although not too heavy, it certainly was awkward for its shape and height. They really do look like water heaters.

In reply to:

Also it would ideally need to be setup with the Mirage LFX-3 crossover to dial the sub into the room characteristics. (a SPL meter would likely be required).

I guess it depends on how you want to test b/w subs. Place them all in the same area as close as possible and room responses should be the same. Using the SPL meter is of course prudent, but in our last audtion with the SVS, it didn't change how easily you could pick between the two.

In reply to:

I think that comparison would be best left for another day.

Yes. There are enough speakers to hear for one afternoon even if Bren cannot show.

Last edited by chesseroo; 04/21/06 02:56 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."