Bren, you sound like we'll be critiquing your every move.
Hmm, any maybe i will....

There's nothing serious about how one can listen to these speakers. Personally i would like to hear the GR60s and the Tannoys with a switcher as i know the differences might be quite subtle. I've already heard the Tannoys and the M60s this way and although i could tell them apart, i incorrectly guessed which was the M60 each time. If you're interested in listening this way, or not, it's up to you. I don't have any guns in the house to hold to your head, nothing but a water pistol anyway.

I was thinking you could compare those M3s with my office Tannoys, the Revolution 1s which are likely a bit smaller, but a decent bookshelf quality at least, if you were looking to hear how they sound against another good brand. If we only had some M22s here...but perhaps i can just setup the crossover on the receiver to limit the M60s bass and that might come closer to the tone.

As for the dissertation, been there, done that. A page review of speakers for those interested is a cake walk in comparison. I write about 80% of my living most days so just leave that to me. You just take care of the witty retorts and all will be well.

PS We don't have a bbq yet (threw out the old one before we moved), but beer is always on hand here. Perhaps some nachos and salsa would suffice.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."