Through the years I had 2 Denons and at the time liked them very much. However when on my 2nd I began to get frustrated with the lack of control over the restricted control in controling the low end cut off filter with the various channels. My friend has a Yamaha and he has much in that realm. However, what I really started to find annoying was what seems to be a lack of higher frequencies in the signal. It was almost like there was a high cut filter (like applied to THX processors). That when I started to looking to other amp/rec'ers. I was pushed furter away from the product when I encountered poor customer care over repeated and multi-problems with their DVD players. When I blundered into a SONY player that had better quality than my 2910 Denon, with better compatibility with various discs ( I go through a lot of DVDs since I review them) - I was forced to re-think the view I held of a product and company I thought I admired. After auditing the Sherborn I was sold. The difference was really apples and oranges - a completly different animal.