Quote:

I too was comparing Monitor 7's with the M60's. Sound wise, the M60's are far better than the monitors. The best thing about the monitors though is the real wood finish, it looks a lot better than the vinyl. If looks and price mean more than sound quality, go with the monitors.

I am going with the Axioms...

bflat

Ummmm are you sure about that? I own the Paradigm Studio 20 v.3's and they have a vinyl finish and as far as I am aware of only the SIGNATURE series gets you a true real wood- veneer finish. The last time I listened to the Monitor 7 v.4's (couple of months ago) they still had a vinyl finish. Personally, I find the entire Monitor series to be a bit bloated and sloppy in the lower midbass and a top end that is rolled off and at higher volumes becomes quite harsh to my ears. Furthermore, the midrange is also very muddy and not very open. However, the Studio series is quite the opposite in that the bass is much more articulate and the upper midrange and high end is quite extended w/o being harsh. Just a very open and airy sound throughout. All in all, I have found the Axiom speakers to offer a bit more detail in the midrange as well as the top end w/o any brightness at all. Maybe I just prefer a more forward and detailed speaker and in time I soon hope to be an Axiom owner.

" It is NOT about what components you choose BUT rather how you use the components"