i would reccomend one of the sony mega changers..

i have one it holds 400 dvd's/ cd's onkyo also has a mega changer, i think theirs holds 600 dvd's and the onkyo can be linked to give you a total of 600 disks.. and going with either the sony or onkyo will be WAY less than 5000$ i think the sony is at best buy/ circuit city for 400$ or so.. and the onkyo product is in the same price range i think..

the way that i kept all of my disks in order was i made an access database, with muptipal fields, so i could search by many different options, actor, type (action comedy ect) and you could get a in expensive dell and place it on a table if you have one in your room, I kept my laptop on my coffie table, sense I had my HT set up in my living room, and this worked out wonderful, I could find exactly what I wanted with in a minute. I also have a projector, and I definaly think this is the way to go, nothing like watching HD on a 100” image, I don’t even want to watch regular tv after watching HD.. one other item you might want to think about adding is a video scaler

http://www.dvdo.com/pro/pro_isvp30_packs.php#packabt102

dvdo vp30, you any input in any input out, so you can always have 1080p/I output..

just an idea.