My first receiver roughly thirty years ago was a Pioneer SX-650, spec'ed at 35wpc. I foolishly parted with it only a couple of years later, but my mother has made great use of it since, and continues to do so to this day.
Meantime, I've purchased two used 650s over the past few years at flea markets and garage sales. Each is currently in service, with no difficulties (one connected to the PC, and one in the living room). I now know better than to part with either of these.
My real pride and joy however, and my heart-break, are the two mighty Marantz receivers I purchased separately a couple of years ago. Both my 2285 and 2285B receivers need some TLC (some scratchiness, and worse, and some of the lights of each unit are out), but I'm not able to tend to the issues at this time. Even so, neither is going anywhere. I'm fortunate enough that my home-theater gear is pretty much where I want it to be at this time (they can keep their HD/Blu-Ray discs and players, thanks), so any spare dough can be spent on repairing these Marantz receivers. I look forward to the day that I am once again seduced by their warm sound, endless power, and soft blue glow. Cheers.

DS.