Some of the mounts are made for on wall, and the weight spec is for wall mounting with all the mounts except the ones that specifically say celing. These mounts are designed for PA speakers which are pretty big. That is why I said be sure you get it into a stud with long screws.

I will post more info once I get my WA20.5 brackets for my M22s They should be in in about a week. I was wondering about the strength so I called Omnimount before I ordered them, and they confirmed it will hold a 20lb speaker at full length (about 6") no problem.

If you go to the web site and look at literature you get a pdf document that shows the suze of the parts for the different weight ratings, and everything else that you need to make sure that the bracket you are looking at will do what you want it to.

http://www.omnimount.com/pdf/pdf_pro/literature/ProCatOMounts.pdf

Is the document. I went with the WA20.5 since my speakers are mounted pretty high, and I want to toe them in a bit, and angle them down to the listening area.

I spent a day and a half looking for the brackets that would work the best for me, and I didn't find anything close to the omnimounts.

GO OILERS GO!!!!