Hey all,

When it comes to serious audio, I am not equipped with much technical knowledge, however, I possess a very critical ear. I have spent a lot of time in studio recording accapella, choral, and orchestral music. When one finishes recording a particular track in accapella you must listen very intensely to pick up on breaths, enunciation, and drops in pitch. With that being said, after auditioning B&W speakers I felt that the 703 was not worth the price for its midrange reproduction. As I mentioned in my review of Spiffnme's system, I listen for reproduction of the "inner" parts of music, clarinets, viola's, alto...etc Granted when I listened to the B&W it was in a audio store with a lot of other speakers and general "stuff" in the room which could have contributed to a very muffled and dark reproduction of mids. I have yet to hear an M80, but according to the M60's I heard at spiffnme's I would choose the Axiom over the 703 ANY day....

As for the 800's....well that is a beautiful speaker and it thoroughly satisfies my critical ear, however, my wallet automatically locks itself when i try and pull out the credit card!!!

jason