Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Stop it! Oh my Gawd! HeeHEEE!! "Unit Automatically Becomes Portable When Carried! HAAAAAAAAhahahahaha!!! I'm dyin'. Heehee.

I think everyone should visit the engrish.com website. Everytime I go there, I laugh so hard it hurts! My Okinawan mother suffers from a bit of Engrish herself, but finds some of the stuff outrageously funny as well. In my opinion, my mom actually speaks English quite well, and has the best pronunciation that I've ever heard from a native Japanese speaker. However, when my friends meet her for the first time, they have a hard time understanding her.

But, here's some funny stuff! When growing up, I learned incorrect words from my mom until I was able to read and realize what I was saying. For example (e.g. whatever!), I thought pastrami was pastalami until I finally read the package and saw that pastrami contained an 'R', but not an 'L'! I also had met another girl with an Okinawan mother who did the same thing. Up until she was 12 yrs. old, she asked for "macloni and cheese" for lunch because that's how her mom pronounced it! My mom still says funny things like "Salivation Army" no matter how many times we correct her. She has a wonderful sense of humor about it though and laughs along with us.

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD