Sounds good. Can I check a couple of assumptions :

1. Your DVD player has digital AUDIO out, not digital VIDEO or component video, correct ?

2. You are running a composite video cable from the receiver to a different input on the TV (different from the one used for the DVD player) and switching the Sony TV from one input to another when watching VCR or TV ?

The easiest change would be to run the composite cable from the DVD player into the receiver, just like the VCR connection. That way you wouldn't have to play with the TV remote when switching from VCR to DVD.

A different approach would be to replace the composite cable running from DVD to TV with an S-Video cable. That would give you a noticeably sharper image quality.

If I remember correctly, the 135 still has the HK quirk that the on screen display (OSD) only comes out of the composite outputs, not S-Video or Component (at least that's how my 630 works). If that is not the case, ie if a 135 will output the OSD to an S-Video output, then the third and best approach would be :

- keep the composite from VCR to receiver
- replace the composite cable from DVD to TV with two SVideo cables -- one from DVD to receiver and another from receiver to TV

This approach (if the 135 OSD works on SVideo) gives you the best of both worlds -- sharper image when playing DVDs and eliminating the need to flip inputs on the TV when going between DVD and VCR/TV.

Hope this helps. Knowing if the 135 will output OSD to SVideo output is the main question before you choose an approach -- I'm downloading a 135 manual "just in case".

Of course there is always option 4 -- accept a slightly less sharp DVD picture than you could have, leave everything alone, and enjoy the system

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8