>>> There is no substitute for walking around the space, dragging boxes around to simulate furniture and drawing HT equipment and wiring diagrams on the wall before the drywall gets primed and you lose all your work

And sometimes even the best laid out plans don't seem to go just right. Whenever building our room I predetermined speaker and subwoofer wall plate locations (aesthetics) by measuring and precisely marking the location of the TV, which set the location for the front speakers in turn using the equidistant idea set the location for the couch.

Whenever real life application came around I hadn't considered the couch being in the middle of a 60hz null so therefore the couch was moved back, the front speakers ended up being way wider and farther from the back wall and the subwoofer not being in the location previously planed ... so the wall plates are visible and speaker/subwoofer wires/cables are crossed which is exactly what I didn't want to do but I must say the sound is tremendous.

If I ever happened to build another dedicated room I would certainly *start* with room acoustics to get a general idea as to how they will effect various arrangements in the room.

Rick
Our Room

smile