I am looking to enter into the proud ownership of a home theater. I have my ideas picked out through long hours of research (keep in mind I know little). I already own an Infinity SW-12 sub which I enjoy and the rest of my hopeful purchases include:
Sony KDS-R50XBR1 tv
Yamaha RX-v1600 7.1 Channel Receiver (just in case)
and here's the debate of Axiom; I have a budget.
I feel like I can either opt for a 5.1 system purchasing the M22 as fronts, the VP-150 center (these are set for the most part) but i don't know wether I should opt for the M3's as surround, the Qs4's or if I should try to amass enough for the Qs8's.
I feel like I could go for 7.1 if I purchase the M3's as surround and rear speakers, but I can't decide wether or not I should buy more "weaker" speakers or fewer more powerful speakers. I would like to keep the price around 1,000-1,500 (as with any money I would perfer to pay less seeing as I do have a TV to buy).
My living room would contain the theater, it is just about 1,500 inches cubed, but it opens into the kitchen and a little foyer, so I fear I may lose a little dynamic volume. I would guess this makes sense just as in a convertible car. I like loud music (I'm 19 and in college), I like bass, and I have a budget.

One more thing...I have no idea what wiring/cable/componets I should/need to use.

Seeing as most of you seem extremely more versed in the world for sound/vision I am willing to take sugguestions and change my mind. ANY advice is very appreciated.