Since I am getting HD soon, I am reevaluating my options for who my TV provider is. Comcast regular channels are analog, where dish and direct TV are all digital for the SD channels I believe. Will this make a difference in SD quality? The one thing that has keep me with Comcast is their monopoly on Comcast Sportsnet around here, which is where most of the hockey, baseball, and basketball games are broadcast in the Philly area. They won't let the satellite providers have those channels. Dish seems to be the best price, but there is an 18 month commitment (in order to wave the $50 setup fee at least). Not an issue as long as the service is good. Local channels from them are an extra $5 a month, but I might be able to do OTA antenna myself to avoid that part. Comcast is most expensive as usual. I also use Comcast for Internet, so I would have to switch to DSL if I drop cable, since Comcast jacks up the price if you only have Internet. I wouldn't mind getting rid of them on general principal, except for the loss of sportsnet, and I have never tried dish or direct tv so don't know how much better or worse it is.

Are there other options besides the 3 I mentioned? Thanks for any input. I feel like all I have been doing lately is working, researching this stuff (between what TV, stand, this, and everything else related), and sleeping. I'm ready to have it all done, relax, and enjoy some HD!