Thanks, everyone. I'm always amazed how much great information you guys can offer.

Free samples of screen material never occurred to me. Bonus !

I don't think senility is the issue -- that would imply different behavior with advancing age. Living out in the middle of nowhere I just have time to write down a bit more than before

Lots of room for move-in's, but (a) it's kinda a long way from civilization and (b) telecommuting at 19.2 kbps is not a happy thing. Normally I do better (a rip-roaring 26 kbps) but there is a loud buzzing noise on all the phone lines in the neighborhood (all 4 of them) which hurts the modem connection. Phone company should be here on Wednesday to say they can't do anything about it ;(

Sounds like one of those plastic panels with a couple of coats of Silverscreen on the back would be perfect -- I could flip it around and see what worked best. Will check today and see if HD carries them in Canada. Up here Menard is a kind of duck, not a store.

A matte white seems like the best fit for a bright room, although I'm wondering about light splash off the white ceiling/walls. Either some kind of frame or maybe this is a good excuse to treat those first reflection points with some nice dark foam.

Randy, I would have ordered a Z2 but all they had in stock were Z4s

Anyways, thanks everyone !!

EDIT -- Just saw Alan's post. Sounds like it would be worth testing more than two DIY finishes. Thanks, Alan !

Randy, I hadn't realized you could buy actual screen material at a decent price -- I didn't recognize the brand you mentioned but I figured they made sportswear or something

Last edited by bridgman; 08/04/06 02:50 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8