Just registered. I have a few questions. I am currently turning an old playroom in my basement into a home theater. It is approximately 14'4" x 14'4". I have a Denon 5.1 receiver that is approximately 6 years old. I don't recall off hand the model, but will get tonite. In addition to that I have a Paradigm center (entry level) and Micros for the front mains and a Yamaha YS180? sub. I also have a newer set of Micros that I plan on using for the rears. I plan on purchasing an Optoma H31 projector and ??screen. The room has no windows. Here are my plans

As your facing the screen, the right wall and rear wall is finished drywall. The front wall and left wall are currently unfinished block. I plan on studding out the last two walls and installing 1/2" luan plywood. Then I intend to install 18" x 18" carpet squares on the two side walls and floor (Floor also will have 1/2" luan plywood over a rubbery gym type floor. The front and rear walls, as well as the ceilings will be finished drywall. I will have a 2' tray ceiling around the two side and rear walls which will be approximately 7' 6", and the center of the tray will be approximately 9'. I plan on installing approximately 8 recessed lights on 2 zoned dimmers. I can have total control of the lights, but I don't want to sit in the dark to watch my Superbowl Champion Steelers on Sundays - (Mondays & Thursdays too)

Questions: 1) Do I need to insulate the walls that are going to be carpeted?

2) Acoustically, what are some opinions about the carpeted floor and sidewalls with the drywall front, rear, and ceilings?

3) What type of screen would be recommended. Some movies, lots of football/TV through digital cable.

4) General comments or suggestions?