I recently hooked up an old pair of Cerwin Vegas I used many years ago in a stereo set up. They are the LS15's and I swear I thought the tweeters were blown, they really do sound that bad. When I first started using my Axiom's I didnt notice the quality of the sound they produced was so much better, I needed a little time to get used to the new sound. The M80's will absolutely blow them away in terms of sheer volume as well. Not as much bass, (thats what the sub is for) but still what an improvement in sound. The specs on the Vega's only say 25-20,000hz. Hey that is better than the Axiom, goes lower!! Maybe it does hit 25 hz, but you probably couldn't hear it anyway. They dont give a +/- 3db or anything else to go by. I am sure if Axiom chose to rate their speakers the same way they could rate them as 20hz to 20,000hz as well, it just would not mean anything.

Now whenever I go to peoples houses and they crank up their little Sony mini-system I feel like smashing those little speakers and urinating on them, they really bother me now. I never noticed before.

Maybe I could convert those Cerwin Vegas into subs, they certainly aren't going to see any use as full range speakers anymore, not in my house. They might make good garage speakers. I wonder what everyone else did with their cheap speakers once they stepped up to some good ones.

I could donate them to Goodwill, or sell them in a garage sale. Maybe convert it to a subwoofer for my SUV. Any suggestions? They do weigh like 70LBS each.

M80ti's, VP150, QS8's