Haoleb, those are nice looking fan panels but a little pricey.

real80sman, so far his ratings are good, but you know how that works. No follow ups to say it broke in three days.

I was just talking to my brother-in-law the "Electrical Engineer" and he suggested the pre-fab way too. I think he meant he didn't want to volunteer to build them for me. His X-mas gift just got downgraded to a Dollar Store gift card valued at $1!

I found another site with Pre-Fab units. Sadly, none have a thermostat installed. It would work for my Yami V2600, but not for the HTPC. The size is right there. I can fit something up to 19" total, with the fan width to around 17".

Here is where we installed the console. I almost need to grease the sides of the console to squeeze it into the alcove. It's six inches from the rear wall, so there's room to move air back there.

Please forgive the flash. The Yami is unseen on the left under the DVR. The HTPC will go on the right under the DVD player.

So I'll re-phrase one of my questions. Would you (1) Go passive for a cool air intake low on the back and powered up high to remove the heat? OR (2) Powered fans for the intake and exaust?
Keep the ideas coming!

Shaun

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.