Quote:

Quote:

Monster is the Bose of wiring. They get by on their name alone. There are plenty of better cables-sure they are (at least) a few hundred$ more but they reduce the brightness and increase the soundstage in ways that the monster cables simply cannot do. I've also found that some of the really high end cables 'bleed' less noise over to video and provide a crisper picture, especially for front projection systems.

I'll take placebo effects for 500, Alex.

I've never seen a double blind test proving that the difference between cables is actually audible. Unless you have done so yourself, I challenge your statement.

Everything that looks space age is better. That's a fact and you can check it on wikipedia of you want. The equation is simple-goodnees is directly proportionate to space age look. I'm really hoping that alienware starts making cables-they could then spray them with Ferrari paint which is known to be a better insulator than just rubber alone. Space age cables with ferrari paint would not only sound better, but because of the paint the signal would get to the speakers just a little bit faster (less wind resistance through the cable) causing a lighter load on the amp.

Now, you can CAREFULLY read my first post or we can continue this conversation. Your choice, but I think you'll agree that I have the upper hand here.

Last edited by DrunkenWolf; 09/01/06 04:15 PM.