Quote:

Hi LHawes,

Relative to JohnK's comments on the "bass-light" M22s, I just returned from doing a bunch of double-blind listening tests at Axiom. One of the comparisons (I didn't know what was behind the curtain), included a pair of M22s wall-mounted using Full Metal Brackets.

I couldn't believe the increase in bass output of the M22s bracket-mounted versus M22s on stands. Ian pointed out that he measured a 9-dB increase in the M22s bass output when you wall-mount them on brackets. So if you want more bass output from the M22s, and you aren't using a sub, put 'em on the wall on a pair of brackets.

At the time I was switching back and forth during the blind sessions, I was speculating that Ian had developed a "perfect" new speaker with all the virtues of the M22s plus really solid bass. And I knew one of the pairs I was auditioning was higher up so I figured it had to be something on a wall. When the curtain was drawn after the tests, I was flabbergasted.

Very interesting. I'll try your suggestion for grins but don't think it will change things in my room as it would mean hiding the M22's behind the sides of the large TV Amoir that house my audio stuff.

"I was speculating that Ian had developed a "perfect" new speaker with all the virtues of the M22s plus really solid bass." And of course this previous thought is what prompted my original post.

Thanks for the info

larry