>>First of all I think the Qs8's would work fine where you have them, moving them back slightly would be ok also, but don't go to far. Are you planning on any rear's for 6.1 or 7.1?

My room is quite small So I wasn't planning on having 7.1 but since I am adding the riser the sound needs to be more dispersed througout the rear so I am thinking about running some wires just in case.

Regarding the QS8s, What would be the best spot for them? 1 ft back? or just keep them where they are? If I am planning on 7.1 will this give me alot more forgiveness on the placement of the sides? I am hesitant to even move them back 2 ft because I don't want to have the front row suffer.

>>Not sure how big your riser is going to be?

In order for them to see my centre channel I calculated on the riser calculator the bottom of the VP150 as the bottom of the screen, I need something like 12 11/16" riser if the screen is 40" from the ground and the bottom of the VP150 is 32.5" from the ground. And a 10 9/16" if I put the screen up to 42 inches from the floor and the VP150 bottom would be at 34.5".

I am leaning more towards the 12 x 2 solution and 3/4" plywood than the 10 x 2 simply because once I do it, it is done! and whats 2" anyway?

>>As mentioned above, I put one cross member, and also corner angled pieces in all corners. Think about the weight that will be on this thing. I think I used 3/4" plywood.

Corner pieces straddling the corners on the inside? I was planning on making 2 halfs of the riser in the basement and combining them. I will be using at least 1 middle beam of 2 x 12 and the rest 2 x 4. I wasn't planning on having a riser back there when I wired the room for electrical, I have outlets that end around 12 1/2" up from the floor. DOH! So My plan is to build the risers with 2-3" of space on all sides in order to access the outlets...

>>Ideally you want the tweeters of the center/mains to be at ear level. This may be difficult for all seating positions. You will be ok if your a little off. My center is actually a little lower and at first row ear level, my m60's are a little higher.

I plan on making my own stands for the M22s so I can make them the exact height that I need them to be.

thanks for the advise!

-Robb.

Last edited by Hutzal; 09/28/06 02:26 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com