Hi, I haven't posted in looonnng time. It's been a long couple of years...divorce, move, new job, all sorts of stuff. Anyway, I never got around to buying any HT gear after all my enjoyable time here, but now that life has finally settled back down I'd like to try again.

I'm impressed with all I've read about the EP500 - when I was getting serious before I'd pretty much decided to go with an HSU sub. Obviously they're still a great value, and this is a big upgrade from those.

My concern is I'm living in an old 4 unit apartment building. I'm in the upper left apartment and the sound proofing isn't great. My living room also isn't very big (11x12). Will the EP500 blow out my neighbors? As great as it would be to have an immersive experience, if I live in fear of upsetting my neighbors it won't be all that enjoyable. On the other hand, I like the idea of getting the gear I want, not being limited by where I happen to live right now.

In the carryover time I purchased an Onkyo HTIB, and although it was regarded as a pretty nice solution, I felt pretty underwhelmed. I'm afraid to imagine what anything worse sounded like. I enjoy movies and music enough that I want something that I can really appreciate how much better the experience is.

Will something from HSU coupled with axiom speakers do that? Or should I think about the EP500? Or is having an EP500 risking a visit from the police?

This is a bit long winded, sorry about that. Happy to be back and see a few familiar faces...

Nick

My M60's make me listen
My M80's make my ears hear
Either way - I'm not deaf anymore