Quote:

I have the 500 in a room in the basement of my house that is 24 x 10.5 with 7.5 ceiling. My gain is set very very low and I also have soundproofing installed in my ceiling and outerwall. It does a great job holding in the mids and highs from going upstairs, but the 500 can litterally shake my house. I have never heard any of the HSU subs. I can only talk about my axioms. Which I love. To me the 500 can put you into the action in a hurry. I would say if you really want it get it and invite the neighbors!!! HE HE. cause they will hear it and mostly feel it. When my wife has her friends upstairs they all think it must be raining outside because of the thunder they hear outside and the floor moving. Which my wife then tells them it just me downstairs watching a movie. I used to have a yamaha yht 21 htib system before I got the system I have now. UHHH there isn't a comparison. The subs that come with HTIB's can't even be compared with what you get from the 500. In all honesty if I were you and you don't see yourself living in an apartment much longer. I would go with what I wanted and play nice with the neighbors until I could afford the house thing, but if you never see yourself living anywhere else than where you are now I think the 500 would not make you many friends. It has that much kick to it.

Thanks for your post, jhunt17! I'm planning a dedicated HT in my basement with almost the exact dimensions as yours. I was glad to see that if I go with the EP500, it wouldn't be overkill. Question: How do you like your M60s? I keep debating the M60 vs M80 issue. I will be watching movies almost exclusively; I want big, full sound, but don't want to waste money on M80s if they would be overkill for a 10.5x24x7 space. I'm planning on using a front projection system. Now that you're up and running with M60s, EP500, etc. is there anything you plan on changing or wish you did differently?